In the past our focus was on taking in dogs and rehoming them in Europe. We are proud to have found families for so many dogs that would have had a miserable future (if one at all) if they had not been taken in.
But much more is needed than just finding homes for the dogs in need. It is also imperative to work on the source of the problem which is mostly overpopulation due to the many dogs and cats on the streets (strays and with owner) that are not neutered and continue to create litters of puppies and kittens.
In the future, we wish to focus our efforts on trying to reduce the amount of strays and to increase the overall well-being of the animals on the island.
This is why we will create and collaborate on projects such as;
- NEUTERING PROGRAMS (TRAP, NEUTER, RETURN)
- PRACTICAL HELP OF THOSE ANIMALS MOST IN NEED
- SUPPORTING LOCAL PET-OWNERS WITH NEUTERING, MEDICAL TREATMENT, DEFLEAING ETC.
- EDUCATION WORK WITH LOCALS
- ASSESSMENT OF NEEDS IN DIFFERENT REGIONS
- EXPANDING OUR OPERATING ROOM/PROVIDING MEDICAL ASSISTENCE
- SUPPORTING ORGANISATIONS AND INDIVIDUALS WHO ALSO AID THE ANIMALS IN NEED
Interested in contributing? Go to: How to help